CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 9, 2009

MMA Cage Fights

Saturday night was date night. One of our friends from church, Chad Wallin, was fighting for the first time in a MMA cage fight, so a whole bunch of us from church went to watch. I have never been to anything like this before and it was interesting to say the least. If I had to describe the people there, I would say it was like going to the fair - except worse because they were selling beer. Chad did an awesome job! He did some high kicks and broke the other guy's nose and dislocated his shoulder. But......his opponent managed to get him to the ground and put Chad in a choke hold. Needless to say, Chad passed out....or almost did. He was able to get up and move around, but he did have to take a trip to the ER later that night to get hydrated. Chad told our crowd that his opponent had fought twice before and the last time he knocked the guy out in the first round So we were really proud of Chad making it just shy of the bell to end the second round. We stayed and watched the other fights. I think we watched around 12 or 13 before we headed out. Chad says he will do it again someday. I know we'll be there watching. Way to go, Chad. We're so proud of you.
Date Night


This is my friend, Rachel, from school. She got tickets with us for her husband for Valentine's Day. That's love all right.
I was too nervous to get pictures of Chad's match, but here's the view from our seats.
And last but not least.....if you look very carefully through these guys' shoulders. You can see a guy passed out. He had too much to drink, and even though his buddies shook him violently to wake him up....he didn't and missed who he came to watch. Bummer.






2 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't believe you went to that! So funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey!
You won a CD on my blog! Could you send me your address?
Thanks!
~Lori
The Bargain Shopper Lady